Prof. Ruanjing Zhao
Director The Center for Traditional Chinese Medicine, Inc. 3100 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34239, 1993 – present President of AnFaLa Pharmaceutical Incorporation, Sarasota, Florida since 2010. Affiliation Member of H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida Doctor of Philosophy (Traditional Chinese Medicine and Pharmacology, Cellular Biology and Immunology, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine and Pharmacology, 1990 Master of Medical Science from Beijing University of Chinese Medicine and Pharmacology, 1987. Bachelor of Medical Science, Henan College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1984 Board Certified Acupuncture Physician since 1993 Diplomat in Chinese Herbology since1993
Honor and Awards
Science and Technology Research Award, 1990, From Beijing University of TCM and Pharmacology
1. Affiliation member of H. Lee. Moffitt Cancer Center, Research Institute. Tampa, Florida.
2. America Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
3. Florida State of Oriental Medical Association
Previous Teaching and Research Positions
Affiliation member of H. Lee. Moffit Cancer Center, Research Institute. Tampa, Florida since 1995
Professor and Co-founder of East and West College, Sarasota, Florida (1994-2000)
Research Analyst, Tampa Bay Research Institute, St. Petersburg, Florida (1992 -1993)
Professor, Florida Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, inc. St. Petersburg, Florida (1992 – 1993)
Professor in Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Pharmacy (July, 1990 – August, 1991)
Publication and Lecture
1. Qiu JX, Zhou ZW, Zhao RJ and Zhou SF. Plumbagin elicits differential proteomic
responses mainly involving cell cycle, apoptosis, autophagy, and epithelial-to-
mesenchymal transition pathways in human prostate cancer PC-3 and DU 145 cells.
Drug Des Devel Ther. 2015 Jan 7;9:349-417.
2. Cheng J, Zhou ZW… Zhao RJ and Zhou SF. AN Evidence-based update on the
Pharmacological activities and possible molecular targets of Lycium barbarum
polysaccharides. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2014 Dec.17;9:33-78.
3. Zhang Y, Dong H… Zhao RJ and Zhang X. Bing De Ling, s Chinese herbal formula,
inhibits cancer cells growth via p53. Front Bioscience (elite Ed) 2010 Jan 1;2:221- 230.
4. Qing Xu, Ruan Jin Zhao and Hua Yu. Chinese Herbal Formula, Bing De Ling,
Enhances Antitumor Effects and Ameliorates Weight Loss Induced by 5-Fluorouracil
in the Mouse CT26 Tumor Model. DNA and Cell Biology, Volume 24, Number 7,
2005. Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. Pp. 470–475
5. Ruan Jin Zhao, <<From Legend to Science>> -A history of Chinese Medicine,
Vantage Press, New York, 2004.
6. Ruan Jin Zhao, Paradox in the Current Cancer Treatment and the light in this Black
Hole. The World of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Sept. 2000.
7. Niu Gui Lian, Ruan Jin Zhao, and Yu Hua. Bing De Ling, A Chinese Herbal
Formula for immune regulation. DNA and Cell Biology, June, 2000
8. Ruan Jin Zhao, Breast Cancer patient Without Surgery care. The World of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
9. Ruan Jin Zhao, Differential Diagnosis of Complex Syndrome in Cold-Heat. Journal
of Guangming Traditional Chinese medicine 1988; 6:15-16.
10. Ruan Jin Zhao. The analysis of 113 patients with liver cirrhosis. Journal of
Guangming Traditional Chinese Medicine 1988:10:23-26.
11. Ruan Jin Zhao. Research mechanism and philosophical concept in the prognosis of
the fatal illness and serious syndromes. Medicine and Philosophy 1998.
12. Ruan Jin Zhao. Research about the complex Syndrome of Cold-Heat. Shan Xi
Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine 1991; 1:35-39
13. Ruan Jin Zhao, Chang En Ben. How to select coefficients for quantifying the
histological changes in the research of liver cirrhosis. Journal of Chinese Pathology 1990; 4:301-309
14. Ruan Jin Zhao. The Differentiation between Zhang, Zhi Cong and Chen, Xiu Yuan
in the theory of Shanghan Energy Transmission. Fujian Journal of Traditional
Chinese Medicine 1988; 6:8-11.
15. Ruan Jin Zhao. Treatment of chronic hepatitis with traditional Chinese Medicine.
Japanese Medical Introduction 1988; 10:26-30.
16. Ruan Jin Zhao, Meijuan Yang, et al. Electronic microscopic research of hepatocyte
nuclei in human liver cirrhosis. Journal of Chinese Experimental Pathology 1990; 4:101 – 103.
17. Ruan Jin Zhao, Chang En Ben. The key techniques in labeling semi-antigen with
HRP. Journal of Beijing College of Traditional Chinese Medicine 1991; 3:15 – 18.
18. Ruan Jin Zhao. Clinical and experimental research in the effects of Bupleuri and
Turtle shell decoction on liver cirrhosis. Data Collection of Scientific Research
Beijing University. 1991:2 – 6.
19. Ruan Jin Zhao. How the Traditional Chinese Medicine interprets and treats the
Cancer. Lecture in National Conference of Association of Acupuncture and Oriental
Medicine. May 26, 1999 in Clearwater Beach, Florida.
20. Ruan Jin Zhao. The Origin of Phlegm and Cancer. Lecture in the National
Conference of Alliance of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. May 6, 2001.
21. Ruan Jin Zhao. The Critical Role of TCM plays in the Current and Future Cancer
Care. Lecture in the International Conference of Building Bridges of Integration for
Traditional Chinese Medicine, Oct. 3-6, 2002. East Rutherford, New Jersey.