Dr. Deyuan Wang
26 years of Australia-Asia business experience in the education sector.
· 16 years’ international projects development and management experience in joint tertiary education programs that linked several Australian and Chinese universities.
· 14 years’ international project management experience.
· 16 years’ curriculum development, teaching and research experience in tertiary education: Lecturer, RMIT University and Victoria University.
· 13 years’ experience of leadership and management in Australia: Vice President & Director of Public Relations, Federation of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Societies, Australia.
· 24 years’ of business management experience in education & health care industry: both in Australia and in China.
Awards and Honors:
· 2001: Certificate of Recognition awarded by the Hon John Howard MP, Prime Minister of Australia in recognition of my extraordinary contribution to the community and Australia.
· 2001: Certificate of Recognition awarded by the Hon Steve Bracks, Premier of Victoria, Australia in recognition of my extraordinary contribution to the community.
· 1998: Certificate of Recognition and Appreciation awarded by the Hon. Rob Knowles, Minister for Health, Victorian State Government.
· 1986-1988 Excellent Doctor awarded by Xuzhou Municipal Hospital of TCM
· 1983 Outstanding Student at Three Aspects: Virtue, Academic and Sports Awarded by Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine.
· 1998: Member of the Victorian Minister for Health’s Advisory Committee on Traditional Chinese Medicine, Australia.
· 2001-2004: Honorary President of Liaoning Hospital of Chinese Medicine.
· 2004-2007: Visiting Professor, Liaoning University of Chinese Medicine.
· 2006-2016: Board Director, University Committee, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine.
· 2017-Now: Chief Scientist & Professor, Australia Tao Life Science Institute
Selected Publications and Conference Presentations:
· “Challenge Within--24 inspirational stories of Australian Olympians” Sichuan University Press, 2008, Chengdu, China
· “Success is a Choice”, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2012, Nanjing, China
Workbooks and Teaching Aids:
· “The Yellow Emperor’s Classics of Internal Medicine”, Victoria University, 2001, Melbourne, Australia
· “Schools of Thought of Chinese Medicine”, Victoria University, 2003, Melbourne, Australia
· “The Psychoneuroimmunology, Chinese Medicine and Aboriginal Medicine: A Holistic Management Approach for Cancer Patients”. Presented at the FCMA’s Annual Conference, November 2015, Melbourne, Australia.
· “The Psychoneuroimmunology, Chinese Medicine and Aboriginal Medicine: the Combined Healing Strategies for Cancer Patients”. Presented at International Integrative Medicine Conference on Cancer, July 2016, Manchester, United Kingdom.
· “The Social-Behavior-Biomedical Model for Diabetes Management”. Presented at the China-Australia Forum on Diabetes, April 2017, Hangzhou, China.
· “Diabetes Management: the Social-Behavior-Biomedical Model ”. Presented at the Federation of Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture Societies Australia Annual Conference, October 2018, Melbourne, Australia.
Research Thesis and Report:
· “Acupuncture and Premenstrual Syndrome”, Victoria University, 1998, Melbourne, Australia
· “The Legislation of Chinese Medicine in Australia”, FCMA, 2000, Melbourne, Australia.